Road Surface Dressing Contractors in the UK
Local Road Surface Dressing Specialists in the UK
Pothole Repairs is a specialist road surface dressing contractor covering UK and the surrounding areas. We carry out large and small commercial surface dressing projects for a wide range of clients including local authorities and councils.
Recommended Tar & Chip Surfacing Experts in the UK
Surface dressing is often referred to as ‘Tar & Chip’ and involves two main steps.
- The even spray application of an emulsion bituminous binder through a purpose-built spray tanker onto the existing road surface.
- This is immediately followed by the even application of aggregate chippings to ‘dress’ the binder.
What are the advantages to surface dressing in the UK?
There are many advantages to surface dressing in the UK. Some of the more detailed advantages can include:
- Seals the road surface against water ingress which is known to be one of the major causes of asphalt pavement deterioration.
- Arrests the deterioration of the road surface and underlying road pavement structure.
- Restores the necessary level of skid resistance to the road surface with the resultant benefits of a reduction in skid-related traffic accidents.
- The timely intervention will enable worn-out road surfaces to last longer thereby increasing the time when structural maintenance is required.
- Can help reduce spray caused by vehicles travelling on wet road surfaces.
- Maximises the cost-effectiveness of limited highway maintenance funds.
What is the Life Expectancy of Tar & Chip Surfacing in the UK
Proper attention to design and execution has provided surface dressing lifetimes well more than 10 years, even on very heavily trafficked sites.
The UK's Trusted Surface Dressing Contractors
Our team has had many years of experience in the surface dressing industry. We offer our clients free site surveys and quotes for all surfacing projects.
Our range of surface dressing and road maintenance services in UK includes:
- Road planning
- Public roads
- Private roads
- Private estates
- Adoptable highways
- Retail parks
- Car parking areas
- Pothole repairs
Affordable Tar & Chip Surface Dressing in the UK
It is best to perform surface dressing before the road surface deteriorates to the stage at which expensive major patching and/or reconstruction is required. There is also a gauge known as ‘surface skidding levels’ that needs to stay above the nationally accepted intervention level for the class of road in question. Please speak to a member of our team if you wish to get the road tested for this.
Call our Tar & Chip Team Today - 0800 008 6952
Need tar & chip surface dressing in the UK? Choose Pothole Repairs today.
Affordable & Competitive Prices
Risk Assessments & Method Statements
Quality Products & Services
Fast Responses to All Services
All Work Guaranteed & Insured to 10 Million
Our clients benefit from a skilled workforce with a track record of integrity and professionalism and all our road surfacing and pothole repairs services are of high quality and cost-effective.
You can rely on our expertise and professionalism when it comes to quality all tarmac solutions.
We're accredited with the Street Works Qualifications Register
Ensuring the road surfacing services you receive are of the highest-quality.
Our team ensure quick turnarounds to make sure your surfacing needs are met quickly.
FAQs – Tar & Chip surface dressing in the UK
We do more than just Surface Dressing in the UK
We know about road-making foundations and how to save customers money on replacing old surfaces such as porous tarmac and crumbling substrates. We understand that you can spend unnecessary money on roads, forecourts, and even on private drives.
We aim to give our clients great results at the best value for money and our expert surfacing and paving services in the UK include:
Need Advice? Chat with a member of the team.
Our team will listen, advise and arrange a visit to the site that is requiring any of our services to give you an accurate quote for the work.